Madrid 1,86 EUR 0,03 (+1,75 %)
ZoomTalent Press

5
continents

 

34.000
employees

We assume the part that concerns us in sustainable development

We work with knowledge and reflection to create public debate

M

ECONOMY | 07.10.2020

Coronavirus: financial analysis XVII

Thumbnail user

The various facets of inflation

Inflation has been a disregarded variable in recent years as it has barely remained above zero, but Alberto Matellán, Chief Economist at MAPFRE Inversión, reminds us in this article that this reference remains key for investors. He also says that, while it is true that there is uncertainty regarding the CPI, other types of inflation—both asset and monetary—are already occurring.

Reflecting COVID-19 in insurance and reinsurance clauses

In international markets, a debate has started on whether insurance and reinsurance contracts for large risks should incorporate the well-known clauses on pandemics or epidemics. Laura González, Deputy Director of the Legal Area at the Global Risks Unit, recommends stipulating exactly what is and is not covered to avoid any uncertainty when it comes to claims.

Santander and MAPFRE to jointly distribute Non-Life insurance in Portugal

Both firms extend their bancassurance alliance to include the whole of the Iberian peninsula. The bank will be the exclusive distributor of MAPFRE’s automobile, SME, multirisk and third-party liability insurance in Portugal until December 2037. MAPFRE will now hold 50.01 percent of the joint insurance venture in the country, and Banco Santander Totta will own the remaining 49.99 percent.

“MAPFRE Compromiso Sanitario is an example of the public and private sectors working together to tackle social issues”

The COVID-19 mutual fund, launched by MAPFRE AM two months ago, was used as an example of social innovation in the financial arena at the round table on social and sustainable bonds organized by CFA Society Spain. David Iturralde, Head of Fixed Income at MAPFRE AM, was in attendance at this event.

MAPFRE AM Behavioral Fund focuses on sport

At a meeting organized by Citywire Spain, MAPFRE AM Manager Luis García outlined the details behind the MAPFRE AM Behavioral Fund — a mutual fund based on behavioral economics. The portfolio comprises a number of sports brands, which make up around 20 percent of it, including three soccer teams: Ajax, Olympique Lyonnais and Borussia Dortmund.

“The current declines in the stock market could even be said to be healthy”

Alberto Matellán, Chief Economist at MAPFRE Inversión, believes some factors that bolstered the stock markets in recent weeks are weakening. In his opinion, we have come a long way, but there is still a very difficult process ahead — that of rebuilding. He analyzes the latest macroeconomic data and provides recommendations for small investors this summer.