At MAPFRE, we are concerned about the environmental footprint left by our activities and we understand that we need to promote and foster an environmental culture beyond the labor environment in order to be sustainable over the long term.
Environmental initiatives and campaigns
- Worldwide participation in the “Earth Hour” since 2009, turning off the lights in MAPFRE’s flagship buildings around the world.
- The 24 hour initiative “Everybody United for the Environment” with the participation of 700 volunteers from 25 countries in developing 40 natural conservation activities.
- Over 11,500 employees received environmental training last year.
- Fostering sustainable mobility, by installing recharging points in buildings for electric vehicles, providing roadside assistance with and for electric vehicles, collective transport of employees to workplaces, ecological experts, etc.
- Recognition of MAPFRE Colombia through the Insurance Industry Corporate Eco-efficiency Award from the Colombian Federation of Insurers (Fasecolda) and Green Latin America prizes for its project “Sustainable Insurer, closing the vehicle loss cycle”.
- Fostering green entrepreneurship with the sponsorship of Green Weekends.
- Protection of biodiversity through collaboration agreements with the WWF, Oceana and various organizations in other countries in projects for forestation, beach cleanup, protection of protected species, etc.