CORPORATE | 09.08.2020
MAPFRE reinforces management teams in its principal markets
• Operations in the Group’s three principal markets – Spain, Brazil and North America – are reinforced
• The management reshuffle features Group executives and holds with what was envisaged in company’s Succession Plans
MAPFRE has approved a broad renewal of its management teams to advance its strategic objectives, and accelerate the company’s transformation agenda, strengthening capacities in the main regions where it operates. The renewal of the management team, which has been carried out with internal talent and in accordance with the provisions of the company’s Succession Plans, also seeks to strengthen the group’s ability to respond to the economic and social challenges of the complex global context.
Antonio Huertas, chairman and CEO of MAPFRE, affirmed that “the renewal of the management team allows us to capitalize on the extraordinary internal talent we have at our disposal within the company. All the appointed executives bring great experience and deep knowledge of our Group with them to their new positions. I am convinced that they will give a renewed boost to our operations that will benefit our clients and allow us to advance with our company’s profitable growth plans.”
In Brazil and in the United States, the work carried out in recent quarters is beginning to bear fruit, so the mission of the new CEOs is to accelerate the profitable scenario envisaged in the Strategic Plan. In the United States, a newly-created position of Chief Operations Officer (COO) is also included, to be filled by an executive with broad experience in the Group’s Business and Clients Area.
In Spain, there is greater integration between the Life and Non-Life businesses, in that the new CEO of MAPFRE VIDA will also hold the position of that of General Director of the Sales and Business Development Area of MAPFRE IBERIA, where he was already the most senior executive.
Also relevant is the reinforcement in MAPFRE’s corporate areas, with all the joining executives holding extensive business experience gained during their work with the Group.
All appointments come into effect on January 1, with the exception of the renewal at MAPFRE Middlesea (Malta), which will will take place on April 1, 2021.
Appointments by Business Area:
• Appointment of Jaime Tamayo Ibañez as CEO of North America in substitution of Alfredo Castelo Marín, who joins the Corporate Areas.
• Appointment of José Manuel Corral Vázquez as Chief Operations Officer (COO) of MAPFRE USA, a newly-created position.
• Appointment of Jesús Martínez Castellanos as CEO of LATAM, in substitution of Aristobulo Bausela Sánchez, who joins MAPFRE ESPAÑA.
• Appointment of Renzo Calda Giurato as new CEO of the LATAM South Region, in substitution of Marcos Eduardo Ferreira, who leaves the company after a long professional career.
• Appointment of Felipe Nascimento as CEO of MAPFRE Seguros in Brazil, in substitution of Luis Gutiérrez Mateo, who joins MAPFRE ESPAÑA.
• Appointment of Julian Trinchet as CEO of MAPFRE Peru, in substitution of Renzo Calda Giurato.
• Appointment of José María Romero Lora as new CEO of the LATAM North Region, and CEO of MAPFRE Mexico, in substitution of Jesús Martínez Castellanos.
• Appointment of Moira Romero as CEO of the Central America Subregion and Dominican Republic, in substitution of José María Romero Lora.
• Appointment of Raúl Costilla Prieto as Managing Director of MAPFRE VIDA, in substitution of Juan Fernández Palacios who retires after a long professional career, and appointment as General Manager of the Sales and Business Development Area of IBERIA, where he was already the most senior executive.
• Appointment of Javier del Río Martín as General Manager of the IBERIA Technical Area, where he was already the most senior executive.
• Appointment of Javier Oliveros Pérez as Deputy General Manager for Sales in IBERIA.
• Appointment of José Ramón Alegre Cabrelles as CEO of the EURASIA Region.
• Appointment of Miguel Ángel Rosa Gámez as CEO of Verti Germany in substitution of José Ramón Alegre Cabrelles.
• Appointment of Javier Moreno González as CEO of MAPFRE Middlesea (Malta), in substitution of Felipe Navarro López de Chicheri, who joins the Corporate Areas.
• Appointment of Alfredo Castelo Marín as new Group Chief Business and Clients Officer, in substitution of José Manuel Corral Vázquez, a position he will execute in addition to supervising the EURASIA Region.
• Appointment of Vanessa Escrivá García as new Group Chief Information Officer inthe Corporate Technology and Processes Area, in substitution of Felipe Nascimento.
• Appointment of Enrique de la Torre Velasco as Head of Corporate Life Business.
• Appointment of Felipe Navarro López de Chicheri as Assistant General Manager for Administration, with effect from April 1, 2021, in substitution of Carlos Barahona, who retires after a long professional career in MAPFRE.
Biographical executive summaries are available at www.mapfre.com