Definition and objectives
MAPFRE defines its social responsibility as a "voluntary and strategic commitment that entails attempting to achieve business targets while complying strictly with its legal and contractual obligations, applying criteria of equity and stability to relationships with its stakeholders, thus contributing to meeting the current and future needs of society".
Promoting Corporate Social Responsibility at MAPFRE must be perceived as a way of:
- Achieving MAPFRE's corporate interest and its strategic goals.
- Managing the company based on the MAPFRE values of solvency, integrity, vocation for service, innovation for leadership and committed team, which must be present in any business project that is carried out.
- Establishing relationships of stability and equality with stakeholders related to the company, mainly those defined in the mission1: shareholders, employees, providers, distributors, clients and society.
- Managing the risks and business opportunities arising from the development of the environment in which MAPFRE does business, assuming the impact it generates on society and the environment, maximizing the positives and minimizing the negatives.
- Transmitting the company's social value in each territory, which reconciles the value of its operational activities with the value of the not-for-profit activities it carries out.
For all these reasons and in order to develop properly these objectives, the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy (PDF, 76,1 KB) of MAPFRE is approved by the Board of Directors.